Latest information for our users
Status: 20.05.2020 – continuously updated
Information on restricted operation
Dear friends of the library,
ZLB is pleased to resume some of its services. We know that you are used to more from us, and we are working to make further offers possible. The groundwork has been laid, but please bear with us if not everything works out right away. Just let us know if there is anything we can change or improve in your opinion. Contact us at: email@example.com.
From 11 May 2020, Berliner Stadtbibliothek and Amerika-Gedenkbibliothek will be open for media lending.
Please note the following general rules for using ZLB in restricted mode:
- Pick up and return only.
- You have to order the media in advance www.voebb.de (Orders are possible from May 11th, 2020)
- Previous ordering is mandatory!
- You are welcome, but you will have to bring a confirmed order with you.
- Masks are mandatory.
The collection times for the ordered media are as follows:
Monday, May 18th - Saturday, May 23rd
mo. - Fr. from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
sat from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Thursday 21st will be closed (Ascension of Christ)
MondayMay 25th - SaturdayMay 30th
mo - fr from 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
sat from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
What else you should know:
- The reading rooms and desks remain closed to the public.
- Staying in the library is not possible for reasons of infection prevention.
- On-site consultation cannot be provided.
- Access to our rooms is only possible if you wear mouth and nose protection.
- Access to the library is also possible for wheelchair users.
- At Berliner Stadtbibliothek, please contact our security service staff in the entrance area to have the barrier-free entrance opened for you.
- Be advised that you may have to wait some time when picking up your media.
- Please have your library card and the collection code ready.
- Masks are mandatory.
Order media from home! How does it work?
- Please order online free of charge at: www.voebb.de.
- (Pre)Orders are possible from May 11th, 2020.
- When ordering, please indicate that you would like to receive notification when your media is ready for collection. Only then will you be notified that your order is ready for pick up; alternatively you can see the order status in your library account.
- We recommend that you provide an email address or mobile phone number in your library account. You will then receive notification faster than by post.
- You can order a maximum of 10 items from our open access stack. In addition, you can order 5 media from our stacks. The external stack will remain closed until further notice, so that media from this stack cannot be ordered.
- But please be patient. It may take time to make your media available. Please always wait for notification that your media is ready for collection!
- Your pre-ordered media will be available for 6 days at the desired site.
Be advised that you may have to wait some time when picking up your media.
Please pick up your ordered media as soon as possible, so that the orders for the next customer can be made available quickly.
Any media you already ordered before closing will be available for you for 6 days from 11 May.
Please have your library card and the collection code ready.
The collection code is made up of the two numbers on your library card which are printed in the fifth and fourth-last place, plus the first two letters of your surname – for more information go to: Requesting options.
Admission to the libraries and compliance with the hygiene rules (keeping a distance, following the direction signs...) is organised by our security staff. While queueing, ask them for your pick-up code which will be sent to the library staff to save time at the media pick-up desk.
The exterior return counters of ZLB are open.
Your lent media will no longer be automatically renewed after 11 May: Please check the due date in your library account. If your lent items are not reserved, you can renew their lending term again up to four times from 11 May.
Reissue and renewal
You can have your library card reissued and renewed at the library. You will need your ID documents with your current registered address (ID card or passport with registration certificate). You can also order media online if your library card has expired, but you will then have to renew it at the registration desk of the library before collecting the media.
The free digital library card of VÖBB, valid for three months, will no longer be offered after 11 May.
We regret that lending of the following items is currently not possible:
- Media from the external stack
- Media marked accordingly (reference stack)
- Works of art from the Artothek
- Items from the Library of Things
- Board games and certain console games