CURRENT INFORMATION FOR OUR USERS
As at: 02/05/2022 – will be adapted in case of changes
We still recommend wearing a mediacal mask (surgical mask or FFP2) in both our sites.
Comply with hygiene etiquette. Wash your hands regularly. Sneeze and cough into the crook of your arm. Use the disinfectants provided.
Visitors who have had contact with someone infected with COVID-19 in the past 14 days or who are themselves suffering from an upper respiratory tract infection must not enter the library rooms. People suffering from symptoms of a respiratory infection of any kind of severity must also not enter. This cannot be circumvented by a negative test result, proof of full vaccination, convalescent status or similar.
We are acting in accordance with the Ordinance on Basic Measures for the Protection of the Population against Infection with the Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 of the Senate of Berlin and the Hygiene Recommendations for Cultural Institutions of the Senate Department for Culture and Europe.
- Our PC and table workstations will be available in both buildings. This also includes the DVD viewing stations, the PCs for the visually impaired, the media booths and the microfilm stations in the Berlin Collections. You can book some of these spaces in advance. Have a look at reservierung.zlb.de.
- Due to renovation work in the America Memorial Library, the piano room has been temporarily closed since March 14th, 2022. As soon as new bookings can be made, we will let you know here and at https://reservierung.zlb.de/klavier/
- Some types of media can only be collected and returned during service hours: Things from the Library of Things, works of art from the Arthothek, large and special formats, tablets, ebook readers
- and items from the collection of available non-book composite media (CDs, DVDs, Tonies, etc.), interlibrary loans, table games, console games.
- Tip: If you are looking for repository media, you can conveniently order them in advance from home via www.voebb.de. This means you won't have to wait on the premises. Remember: The media item is only available if you have received an availability notification.
- Orders from the external repository are possible.
- You can find our events at www.zlb.de/veranstaltungen
Thank you for your understanding. We are trying everything in our power to ensure that visiting the library is as safe and at the same time as enjoyable as possible - also during the pandemic. Should you have any questions, suggestions or if you notice anything else, do not hesitate to contact us.
You can reach us via email@example.com and by calling us, Mon - Fri from 10 am - 6 pm on: 030-90 226 401.