Latest information for our users
Status: 24.03.2020 – continuously updated
ZLB (Berlin Central Library) will be closed until at least Sunday, 19.04.2020 to limit the spread of the SARS-COV 19 virus.
Borrowing, reservations, orders, transport within Berlin and the Berlin Public Libraries Association (VÖBB)
- The return machine of ZLB at AGB is in operation, the return machine at BStB remains closed.
- You can find a link on the start page of www.voebb.de to the return machines so that you can see which other machine(s) is/are in operation; also in case anything changes over the next few days/weeks.
- Reservations/orders, transport between the districts and home deliveries as well as borrowing on site are not possible for the duration of the closure. Please use our digital services.
- All the media out on loan will automatically be extended to a date after the current planned end of the closure; this process will be repeated if there are extensions to the period of closure. It also applies to all media, apart from those which are already at the third warning level.
- There will also be an automatic extension for media that are already out on loan even if the library cards are blocked.
- If you return an item in a return machine outside the “local area of the borrowed item”, you will be charged EUR 1 per item for normal transport costs according to the current level of charges.
- Our telephone information service is currently experiencing high volumes so please be patient. We are staffing the information desk telephone additionally on Saturdays from 10 am to 7 pm. As of Monday, 16.03.2020, a second telephone line will be available. You can find all the times and numbers in the adjacent panel under Telephone.
Interlibrary loan (you want to order a medium from another library anywhere in Germany via our catalog):
- No interlibrary loan orders are currently possible. The deadlines for media already borrowed via interlibrary loan are being extended accordingly.
- Please note that it is not possible to return interlibrary loaned media. Not even via the return machines.
Dear Sir or Madam,
The member libraries of the Berlin Association of Public Libraries [Verbund der Öffentlichen Bibliotheken Berlins – VÖBB] close...